Healthy Eating at GVSU Rewards Program
Choosing healthy foods from a wide array of offerings can be overwhelming, and many times the healthier option might be more expensive. Healthy Eating at GVSU aims to increase awareness among faculty and staff of healthy food options at on- campus dining facilities. The program also aims to increase the opportunity for faculty and staff to purchase healthy food items in GVSU campus dining facilities by providing funding for recommended healthy food items.
Up to 20 faculty and staff members will receive:
- One $200 Healthy Eating at GVSU gift card to use at any on campus dining location.
- List of healthier food items sold on campus.
- Nutritional information from Campus Dining and national organizations.
- Weekly tips, menu item features and motivational emails.
- Must be a current benefit eligible faculty or staff member enrolled in GVSU medical plan.
- Participation from the Healthy Choices Wellness program Health Assessment demonstrated a need for improved nutrition habits and follow up with a health coach. OR present a form from your health care professional demonstrating a need for improved healthy eating habits.
- Must participate in a brief welcome orientation to receive program packet and introduction to the program. Program staff can come to faculty and staff offices to conduct the meeting.
- Must sign affidavit demonstrating commitment to the program.
- Must complete pre-survey distributed in January 2015 and post survey distributed in April and October 2015.
- Total card value must be used by April 24, 2015
Registration period is open November 1, 2014 –January 27, 2015 or until filled. REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.