How to Get Started With Healthy Choices
BENEFIT ELIGIBLE FACULTY AND STAFF
Healthy Choices, a Health and Wellness Incentive Program includes two components:
Component One: Know Your Numbers ($100 reward)
Completion of a biometric screen
There are two ways to complete the biometric screen component.
- Participate in the on-site screening offered by Wellness Inc. (a partner of UMR). An on-campus screening was held in March 2012. Another screening is being offered FOR THOSE WHO MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY IN MARCH October 1-5th. Registration is open now for the on-campus screenings next week.
- An annual physical with your own health care professional. The visit must include an annual physical with biometric components including total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, and blood glucose. Your doctor must fax a verification form to UMR upon completion of your physical. Deadline to turn in the verification form is December 31, 2012 by 5pm
I already completed this component, how do I make sure I’m all set? If you participate in the on campus assessment administered by Wellness Inc. UMR will provide a participant list to GVSU to administer incentives. If you completed this component with your own health care professional call 1-800-207-7680 to verify receipt of the verification form.
Completion of the online Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
A short questionnaire completes your health profile by asking questions on eating habits, stress and safety behaviors. Be sure to mark your calendar! To receive the $100 into your Health Savings account in the first quarter of 2013 you must also complete the online HRA either between March 1-31st 2012 OR October 1-31st 2012. Members access the online HRA by visiting fhs.umr.com. View the step by step instructions here.
I already completed the HRA online, how do I check to make sure I’m all set? Click here for instructions to check your online portal.
If you have not already completed the Know Your Numbers component it’s not too late to earn $100 into your Health Savings Account or Paycheck!
Component Two: Activity Tracking Online (Additional $100 reward)
Members are eligible to receive an additional $100 reward for self-reporting two healthy activities each calendar quarter through the UMR online web portal. Sample activities include exercising three days a week, attending stress management workshops or working with a wellness coach. In order to be eligible to receive the additional $100 reward into your Health Savings Account in the first quarter of 2013 faculty and staff must also complete the Know Your Numbers Components in 2012.
- Completion of 2 healthy activities self-reported online Q1 (Deadline July 31, 2012)
- Completion of 2 healthy activities self-reported online Q2 (Deadline July 31, 2012)
- Completion of 2 healthy activities self-reported online Q3 (Deadline September 30, 2012)
- Completion of 2 healthy activities self-reported online Q4 (Deadline December 31, 2012)
HAVING PROBLEMS LOGGING INTO UMR’s SYSTEM? Contact UMR at 1-800-207-7680 or Health and Wellness Coordinator, Lindsey DesArmo firstname.lastname@example.org .
Faculty and staff who are obtaining their biometric screen component through their own health care professional must fax the UMR verification form to UMR by December 31st to be eligible for the $100 incentive.
Page last modified December 19, 2012