Health & Wellness
Pedometer Challenge 2012
ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHALLENGE?
Pedometer Challenge 2012
September 26-November 7
Open to all GVSU faculty and staff
How to get started: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
- Team captains, organize your team of 4
- Select a department to represent
- Select a team category (Competitive or Team Goal Challenge)
- Get moving!
FREE AGENTS-Don't have a team? Email email@example.com to sign up and we can match you up with other free agents!
- 9/3 Teams registration opens at midnight. Pedometers available for pick up at Lake Michigan Hall 140 for first 500 participants.
- 9/25 Online registration closes at 11:55pm
- 9/26 Challenge begins at midnight!
- 11/7 Challenge ends. Final entries must be made by midnight.
- 11/10 GVSU vs. SVSU Football Game-Winning University
- 11/14 GVSU teams notified of results posted online
Where do we get a pedometer? If you do not have your own pedometer, one is available for each team member at Lake Michigan Hall 140 at no charge. If you are not located on the Allendale campus, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 331-2215 and we can send you one.
How do I record non walking activities? A conversion chart is provided on the "My Team's Entries" tab for activities such as swimming or rollerblading. Click on "New Entry" on the "My Team's Entries" tab and "Need to convert exercise into steps?"
When do I track my entries? It is highly recommended to enter your steps at the end of each day for accuracy. However, participants have the ability to track up to five days prior to the current date.
How does my team calculate our team goal (for Team Goal Challenge Participants Only)?
Each team member determines how many steps they are going to walk each day of the challenge
- Add up each team member's individual daily step goal.
- Divide by 4 to get the average daily step goal for your team.
- Submit your information by completing this form before 5pm on Tuesday September 25th.
GVSU vs.SVSU! The university with the highest step average wins the golden shoe trophy.
The 2012 Pedometer Challenge is all about winning prizes with your team. GVSU teams will either participate in the "Competitive Challenge" or the "Team Goal Challenge, with ways to win prizes for both options.
Celebration lunch provided by Health and Wellness
Gift card to Gazelle Sports for each member
Each week a participant who completed the weekly bonus step challenge will be randomly selected to win a $100 gift card* to Gazelle Sports.
Page last modified September 26, 2012