NOTE: Make sure you close all windows and turn the temperature in your room to 55 degrees before departing. This will save energy and prevent any frozen pipes/breaks. Thank you!
Extended Stay Sign-Up
Sign up in MyHousing Overview
Extended Stay-Winter Break
Anyone who intends to reside in an on-campus housing unit between 10pm on Friday, December 13 and 8am on Saturday, January 4 must submit a break stay request.
There is no charge for returning students for Extended Stay, but you must pre-register by Friday, December 6 if you are staying over break.
NOTE: Break Stay is offered only to students continuing in on-campus housing for Winter semester. If you are not returning to housing for Winter 2014, you are not eligible for a Break Stay and must exit your unit via a proper check-out no later than 10pm on Friday, December 13.
If you remain in the building during Winter Break, you must abide by all GVSU campus and housing policies. No guests are allowed during break periods. Residents must follow all Student Code and Residential Services Guide policies during break periods.
There is no dining, mail, or custodial service during Winter Break. The University is closed Tuesday, December 24 through Wednesday, January 1. Meal offerings are limited during break periods.
The University reserves the right to make room assignments during extended stay and break periods.
The violation of these terms or the conditions of the Housing Contract may result in the termination of my break stay.
If you no longer intend to remain on campus over break, you must contact email@example.com to cancel your request.
Duty & On-Call
- If you need support after hours, call Assistant Living Center Director (ALCD) duty phone number or 911 if it is an emergency. CALL DESK DURING REGULAR HOURS (SEE BELOW).
ALCD phone number for DeVos, Frey, Hills, Kirkpatrick, Laker Village, North C, Pew Pickard, Ravines, Siedman, South C/D/E, & Stafford: 616-889-0254
- ALCD phone number for Calder, Copeland, GVA, Hoobler, Johnson, Kistler, Murray, Niemeyer, North A, North B, Ott, Robinson, Secchia, VanSteeland, Weed, West A, West B, & Winter: 616-889-0280
- Sat, Dec. 14: 10am-6pm
- Sun, Dec. 15: 12pm-6pm
- CLOSED Mon, Dec. 16 – Wed, Jan. 1
- Sat, Dec. 14: 10am-6pm
- Sun, Dec. 15: 12pm-6pm (LV/RV 9am-6pm)
- Mon, Dec. 16-Sat, Dec. 21: 10am-6pm
- Sun, Dec. 22: 12pm-6pm (LV/RV 9am-6pm)
- Mon, Dec. 23: 10am-6pm
- Tues, Dec. 24: 10am-2pm
- Wed, Dec. 25: CLOSED
- Thur, Dec. 26-Sat, Dec. 28: 10am-6pm
- Sun, Dec. 29: 12pm-6pm (LV/RV 9am-6pm)
- Mon, Dec. 30: 10am-6pm
- Tue, Dec. 31: 10am-2pm
- Wed, Jan. 1: CLOSED
- Thur, Jan. 2-Fri, Jan. 3: 10am-6pm
- Sat, Jan. 4 - Sun, Jan. 5: 8am-10pm
- Regular desk hours resume Mon, Jan. 6
Phone (616) 331-2120 • firstname.lastname@example.org