NOTE: Both checkout options are not available in all areas. Please refer to community staff for your available checkout options.
Scheduled Checkout - Available By Appointment
- A scheduled checkout will require a 15 minute appointment with a housing staff member
- To request a scheduled checkout, please follow the community-specific instructions provided to you by your Living Center Director. NOTE: Failure to keep your scheduled appointment will result in a $25.00 improper checkout fee.
- Prior to your scheduled checkout time, remove all your belongings from your room and complete the checkout requirements.
- A staff member will meet you at your scheduled checkout time to document the current condition of your unit and ensure you have removed all your belongings.
- The staff member performing your checkout will not be able to provide you with an estimate of any damages/fees incurred.
- The staff member will collect your room key, access card, and laundry card at this time.
Self Checkout - Available 24 Hours/Day, 7 Days/Week
- Residents choosing this option forego the right to be present during the inspection of their room.
- Checkout Envelopes are available at community desks
- Once your unit is in check-out ready condition (please see list below) and you are ready to depart, please:
- Fill out the envelope and place key, access card, and laundry card inside.
- Turn in your sealed and completed envelope to your front desk
- After you checkout, a staff member will document any damages in the room and ensure that you have removed all your belongings. Please refer to our website for common fees - http://www.gvsu.edu/housing/students/damages---charges-138.htm
- Fees related to move out will be placed on student accounts in mid-May and you will be notified via your student email.