Title: Office Coordinator-Certified Financial Planning Support-Finance
Department: Finance & Administrative Executive Office
Coordinates a variety of duties for a department/office/division in which discretion and/or judgment concerning the procedures to use or policies to follow is required.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for the department/office which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; typing memos and other correspondence; maintain office filing system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating files and record keeping systems; paper and/or computerized.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Monitors departmental FRS, reviews budget reports and reconciles the reports with the department/offices records.
- Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
- Create and maintain database systems.
- Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies; process travel vouchers, requisitions, IDCs, I9s and various university forms.
- Supervise student employees and may act as a lead worker to other COTs.
- Process student employee timecards and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Manage/maintain supervisors schedule.
- Coordinate all clerical duties associated with staff searches.
- Conducts special projects and assignments as directed.
- Coordinates special events and functions.
- Coordinate and maintain departmental resources; i.e. library, vouchers, handouts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNING PROGRAM
- Performing all tasks involved in admitting students into the Seidman Financial Planning program including registration, invoicing, payment collection, and student record maintenance.
- Submitting continuing education credits to the State of Michigan and maintaining detailed records as required for State of Michigan and the CFP Board.
- Working with the Director in course scheduling and staffing of CFP courses, classroom reservations, and maintaining faculty and course files.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make travel arrangements.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Receives general instructions from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: March 2009
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.