Title: Athletic & Recreation Facilities Management Coordinator
Department: Athletic & Recreation Facilities Management
Provides clerical support for a department/office.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
· Recreation Center membership coordinator; handles customer inquiries/complaints.
· Compile and generate list of maintenance repair reserve transfers.
· Credit Card and Campus Dining Card Administrator for the department.
· Prepares, processes, records, and files IDC, travel vouchers, deposit transactions, online requisitions, invoices, POs, Journal Entry requests, special pay requests, budget transfers, etc.
· Reviews and reconcile budget reports with Banner.
· Charge student accounts when appropriate.
· Assist with cash register and credit card issues for Athletics & Recreation Facilities Admn.
· Process all deposits for the Athletics & Recreation Facilities Admn.
· Ensure adequate change is available for cash registers.
· Oversee all money handling/accounting procedures of Athletics & Recreation Facilities Admn.
· Assist with office organization, including updating the office procedural manual.
· Order and inventory office supplies and electronics.
· Organize office supply closet, including fields.
· Authorize student employees; confirm student timecards.
· Train and supervise student employee office assistants.
· Assist other COT with scheduling requests.
· Create and/or receipt of event contracts, deposits, insurance certificates, and tax exemption forms.
· Manage and update website information.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Responsibilities – Non-Essential Functions:
· Coordinate Copy Center needs.
· Provide Recreation Center day passes when appropriate.
· Issue parking permits when appropriate.
· Update department telephone directory annually online and when needed. Submit telephone work orders.
· Performs receptionist duties such as receiving visitors, answering the telephone and taking messages.
· Receives, opens, routes mail and may compose responses to standard inquiries.
Required Qualifications and Education:
· High school graduate.
· Prefer accounting training/experience.
· Prefer experience in recreation membership processing/coordination.
· Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships and customer service.
· Ability to operate office equipment.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with Microsoft word, excel and computer software applications.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
· Some college course work and experience working in higher education.
· Experience working in athletic and recreation programs.
· Athletics and recreation facilities and or programming management; especially Event Management System (EMS) experience.
· Experience in primary duties and global responsibilities tasks areas described above.
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May be responsible for the coordination for work assignments for student employees.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Revised Date: August 2011 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.