Title: Office Coordinator-Security Front Desk
Job Summary: Oversees customer service/dispatch area as the lead worker, train students, assign workload and tasks, performs duties for Security operations and special project work as assigned.
- Oversee and maintain front desk/dispatch operation as a lead worker assigning work and work flow.
- Respond to customer requests, complaints, questions, and resolves problems relating to parking or dispatch.
- Responsible for record keeping of all customer contact.
- Responsible for dispatch of Security officers.
- Make decisions on requests based on approved departmental protocols pertaining to University security needs.
- Compiles standard and special reports in a logical format using available software.
- CCTV review and recording.
- Responsible for emergency and non-routine communication relating to campus emergencies.
- Develop office procedures as needed for the smooth and efficient operation of the Security desk and distributes with in the office.
- Hire, train, discipline and schedule student employees.
- Act as a back up to the Administrative Assistant during any absence.
- Other related duties needed to efficiently run the Security front desk.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality work
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Excellent grammar and proof reading skills.
Desired qualification: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
Receives general instruction and work assignments from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees and temporary employees.
Revised Date: September 2008
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.