Title: Secretary-KCON-Student Services
Department: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Responsible for assisting individuals both in person and on the phone in addition to providing clerical support for the Office Of Student Services and the academic programs for the Kirkhof College of Nursing.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
(Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Serves as the primary receptionist for the College of Nursing Office of Student Services.
- Responds to student, faculty and staff requests and questions, via telephone, email, web, and in person.
- Resolves individual concerns, solves problems or refers the issue to the appropriate person(s).
- Monitors communication through webmail to office and assists in suggestions for web page updates.
- Accepts and directs department mail.
- Interprets KCON student policies and procedures and responds appropriately.
- Compiles standard and special reports that require tabulating and manipulating data (Clinical compliance reports, admission progression report, etc.)
- Performs general clerical duties such as updating documents and spreadsheets, filing, copying, answering telephone, ordering supplies or brochures etc.
- Participates as the liaison for the COT committee.
- Manages student and program data, including oversight and organization of student record systems.
- Supervises student workers.
- Clerical support to the Awards and Scholarship Committee and Admissions and Progression Committee.
- Participates as a member of the KCON COT Team and attends scheduled meetings; serves as liaison for OSS.
- Other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Related duties in addition to primary duties and responsibilities, usually less than 5%.)
- Works during KCON Application process, KCON Direct Admit events, KCON Program Orientation program and other special events.
- Provide Student Employee training, and cross-training functions of the office when needed.
- Assists in other College COTs jobs when they are on vacation, leave, sick etc.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 45 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Experience with various computer software applications (work processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail and electronic calendar software.
- Willingness to learn and use other software packages as they become available.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Experience in higher education.
Supervision Received: Receives supervision and work assignments from the Director of Office of Student Services and Associate Deans for Academic Programs.
Supervision Exercised: May be responsible for the coordination of assignments for student employees.
Revised Date: October 2009
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.