Title: Accounting Clerk - Front Desk
Department: Accounting Business Office
Performs general clerical duties for the Business Office, process the invoice payments of the university and receptionist duties.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Process check runs.
- Final quality control of university invoice payments and special handling of checks.
- Print and mail the excess financial aid disbursements.
- Perform daily bank activities for fraud protection.
- Hire, train and supervise student employees for the scanning and indexing of university invoice payments.
- Answer phone and greet public.
- Interpret and communicate information from university computer systems to help answer customers questions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee distribution of mail for the Business and Finance offices.
- Order and maintain office supplies for the Business and Finance offices.
- Maintain and update procedures manual.
- Assist in the scanning and indexing of university invoice payments.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two years related work experience and/or relevant training which includes some supervisory.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with various computer software applications.
- Experience with various computer software.
- Must possess high level of accuracy.
Revised Date: January 2010
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.