Title: Laboratory Assistant-CLAS
Department: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Support the Laboratory Supervisors in the science department.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to laboratory supervisor to set up teaching labs in science departments.
- Maintains lab equipment, facilities, and records.
- Responsible for orderliness and cleanliness of lab areas.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrate and/or explain to student assistant(s) proper laboratory procedures.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer student inquiries.
- Provides general clerical work including copying, typing, phone, mail, fax etc.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- BS in a science discipline or integrated sciences
- Higher education experience.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees.
Revised Date: July 2009
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.