Maintain accurate accounting records and provide support for the Accounting Office. Process travel reimbursements, daily data entry, and schedule daily computer programs.
· Serves as liaison for appropriate administrative software systems. Interacts with software supplier, system analyst, computer operations department and ancillary departments.
· Understands and interprets data from the appropriate administrative software system.
· Enters complex data to the appropriate administrative system..
· Reviews and reconciles output of the appropriate administrative system. Investigates problems and errors.
· Works with third parties (both on and off campus) to solve system and procedural problems.
· Assists with installation of system enhancements and up-grades.
· Sets system parameters daily for necessary reports and programs.
· Uploads feed into FRS and monthly feeds of ancillary systems.
· Monitors proper formats for third party software communicating with administrative systems.
· Tests system changes including ancillary systems.
· Schedules month-end FRS closings. Distributes schedule to key employees on campus.
· Reviews travel and expense reimbursements & travel advances according to GVSU policies and IRS compliance.
· Suggests possible policy changes based on changes in IRS laws and trends at the university.
· Reconciles travel advances to expense reporting & makes necessary journal entries.
· Prepares entries to record all voided checks.
· Enters journal entries – including investment purchases and maturities, charter school receipts and disbursements,state withholding and sales tax payments.
· Handles a high volume of sensitive information, i.e., expense reports and investment activity.
· Prepares average Endowment claim on cash spreadsheet balances.
· Prepares & issues Form 1099 misc. for university wide operations.
· Monitors 1099 IRS rule changes and implements rule changes to our policies.
· Manages check stock inventory & public safety receipt forms.
· Processes the electronic banking activity daily.
· Oversees the Children’s Center billing.
· Analyzes bank fees on a monthly basis.
· Assists with special projects.
· Supervises student employees as needed.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Assists with the training of system users.
· Reconciles the ledgers at month end.
· Assists with the United Way campaign – entering gifts and pledges into United Way database.
· High school graduate.
· Minimum of four years related experience. Related college course work may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
· Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
· Demonstrated experience in problem solving skills.
· Attention to details and accuracy in data entry skills.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Higher education work experience.
· Supervisory experience.
· Experience with administrative applications.
· Experience with computer system conversions.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures with the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT’s, but is not the decision maker.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.