Title: Office Coordinator - Multicultural Affairs
Department: Multicultural Affairs, Office of
Coordinates a variety of duties for the department, which involves database data entry, maintenance, student record updates and generating of reports utilizing various database programs within the department.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· Responsible for database maintenance and record updates for multiple program database systems.
· Responsible for data entry and producing summaries and assessment reports for various programs within the Office of Multicultural Affairs. Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports. Works with the lead COT with the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for the office which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; opens and routes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including bulk mailings; types letters, forms and correspondences; maintains office filing system.
· Inputs and updates the office’s events on the university events calendar.
· Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing. Responsible for maintaining and updating files and record keeping systems, paper and/or computerized. Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
· Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
· Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for programs and events.
· Works with the lead COT to hire, train, supervise and evaluate students workers.
· Schedule student workers' work schedule and assign workloads. Oversees the front desk reception area.
· Assists with the office’s programs committees’ work including taking meeting minutes, scheduling meetings and preparing correspondences.
· Coordinates events and programs by reserving rooms, ordering AV equipment and assists with hosting the functions.
· Conducts special projects and assignments as directed.
· Coordinates and maintains departmental resources, i.e. library, vouchers, handouts. Edits and proofreads correspondence, reports and materials for mailing and publication.
· Works closely with the lead COT.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Make travel arrangements.
Required Qualifications and Education:
· High school graduate
· Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work with database systems.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
· Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
· Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
· Some college course work.
· Higher education experience.
· Supervisory experience.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives general instructions from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and temporary employees.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Revised Date: November 2011 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.