Title: Office Coordinator - Customer Service Operation
Department: Plant Services
Job Summary: (Short summary of job duties - 1 to 2 sentences)
Oversee the Customer Service Operation as the lead worker, train other COT staff and students, assign workload and tasks, perform assigned duties for Customer Service and Plant Service operations, and special project work with campus customers.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Oversee and maintain the Customer Service operation as a lead worker assigning work and work flow.
- Responds to customer work requests, questions, complaints and resolves problems relating to Plant Services operations.
- Records and tracks all records pertaining to customer contacts.
- Responsible for translating customer requests to work orders, tracking status of work orders, assigning work orders, and responding to emergency calls and coordinating customers and Plant Services staff.
- Compile standard and special reports in logical format using available computer software..
- Responsible for emergency and non-routine communication relating to campus emergencies.
- Act as a contact with campus customers, Plant Services supervisors and the Plant Services Director on assigned issues.
- Develop office procedures as needed for the smooth and efficient operation of Customer Service and distributes within the unit.
- Training of new COT staff and student employees.
- Perform and/or assign special projects or clerical duties to appropriate COT staff.
- Work with customers and supervisors/director to coordinate special events.
- Maintain all chargebacks for maintenance/custodial department and reconcile with budget reports.
- Act as backup to the Plant Operations Assistant during any absences.
Other related duties needed to efficiently run the Customer Service Office.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives general instruction from the Director of Plant Services, but is generally expected to work independently.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and also act as lead worker to other COT staff Customer Service Operations. Training of new COT staff. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not a decision maker.
Revised Date: January 2000
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.