Title: Office Coordinator - Facilities Services
Department: Facilities Services & Planning
Provides clerical support for Facilities Services.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Responsible for all clerical tasks associated with the smooth operation of motor pool, including but not limited to: coordinating and confirming vehicle reservations; arranging for short-term vehicle rentals from off-campus agencies, processing and tracking reservation paperwork; maintaining registration and license records; initiation and processing of insurance claims.
- Compiles data for standard and requested reports into logical format using available computer software.
- Maintains complex record keeping systems, both manual and computerized, such as departmental personnel/payroll records for hourly employees, student employment records, University key program, University postage records, etc. which may require substantial verifying and updating of data, monitoring, locating and correcting errors, and initiating routine/cyclical paperwork internally and to other departments.
- Performs routinely mathematical computations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing figures. Microcomputer software may be used to perform computations.
- Provides secretarial support for Facilities Services such as typing, filing, copying, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, receptionist duties, etc.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of less than 5% of your job.)
- Distributes incoming mail.
- Dispatches MGS employees via two-way radio in response to requests for services.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum of 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in facilities services
- Experience with non-profit budgeting and accounting systems.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.