Title: Development Data Coordinator
Job Summary: Performs radio and television computer services for WGVU.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
(Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Maintain the ADS database, which includes responsibility for renewals and pledge notices, and coordinating WGVU¿s files for direct mail and telemarketing campaigns.
- Responsible for scanning and all data entry information needed for the ADS system, as well as working with WGVU¿s assigned Computer Programmer on the TSO/SAS programs, supplying reports as needed for the Development departments.
- Coordinates the processing of data, records and other similar materials.
- Compiles data from a variety of information sources and transforms the data into logical reports according to general instructions.
- Makes recommendations for courses of action to be taken based on analysis of information.
- Recommends and/or implements changes in office procedures.
- Maintains and devises filing and record keeping systems; paper or computerized.
- Processes and reports daily financial contributions and records including reconciling deposits to Accounting Office.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of student employees and volunteers in computer services.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years related experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use variety of computer software applications.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, some holidays and overtime hours.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience working in a television/radio environment.
- Familiarity with a not-for-profit fundraising environment.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives general instructions from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: June 1999
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.