Title: Accounting/Collections Assistant
Department: Accounting and Taxation
Approximately 50% of the position is the coordination and accounting for outside agencies and businesses that pay tuition expenses for GVSU students. The other half of the position provide clerical support in the Collections Office and on the Billing Hotline.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities - Accounting:
- Explains complex policies on third party tuition payments to students, family members, employers and other high school administration. The policy for each third party business is different from the others.
- Works with Financial Aid, Admissions and Records to keep the student's account accurate.
- Monitors changes and refunds. Submits transmittals to apply credits and debits to the student's accounts.
- Monitors financial aid scholarship awards and maintains an Excel spreadsheet of all third party and financial aid scholarship transactions.
- Sends invoices to the appropriate third party and collects payments on the receivables.
- Reconciles third party accounts receivables to the financial records system on a monthly basis. Finds discrepancies and writes journal entries to correct them.
- Uses judgment to determine which system (FRS or BR) should receive funds.
- Uses judgment to determine if a credit on the system should be released to the student or be sent back to the third party.
- Communicates with the bookstore concerning who is eligible to buy books on credit and then follows up after the purchase by processing an
- IDC to issue money back to the bookstore.
- Submits journal entries at the end of each month to zero out the appropriate agency funds.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities - Collections:
- Contacts individuals with delinquent accounts via telephone, letters, the internet and other necessary, appropriate means
- Explains the account status, alternate payment plans and likely consequences of failure to pay.
- Authorizes and processes the referral of accounts to collection agencies. Works with and monitors agencies to insure proper collection. Reports payments received by GVSU, updates interest, updates addresses and processes closeouts.
- Responds to correspondence from debtors.
- Skip-traces debtors through the Department of Motor Vehicles, Internal Revenue Service, credit bureaus and other necessary, appropriate means.
- Refers and updates records of delinquency to credit bureaus.
- Assists on the Billing Hotline
- Coordinates the work of student employees.
- Performs other related duties or functions as assigned by the Collections Coordinator.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully to use various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Experience in higher education.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with mainframe applications.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives general instructions from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Supervision Exercised:(Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: March 2003
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.