Title: Testing Coordinator
Department: Academic Resources & Special Programs
Coordinates testing services for university required testing, placement testing, disability services office testing and any other specialized testing service.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for testing services which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; typing memos and other correspondence; maintain office filing system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating files and record keeping systems; paper and/or computerized.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Monitors departmental FRS, reviews budget reports and reconciles the reports with the department/office`s records.
- Create and maintain database systems.
- Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets and graphics and other similar materials using computer systems.
- Coordinate testing services for disability services office.
- Coordinate the scheduling and administration of university testing, which includes English 305 essay examinations, College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Comprehensive English Language Testing (CELT), math placement testing and other specialized testing as necessary.
- Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies; process travel vouchers, requisitions, IDC`s, I-9`s and various university forms.
- Supervise student employees and may act as a lead worker to other COT`s.
- Process student employee timecards and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Manage/maintain supervisor`s schedule.
- Coordinate all clerical duties associated with staff searches.
- Conducts special projects and assignments as directed.
- Coordinates special events and functions.
- Coordinate and maintain departmental resources, i.e. library, vouchers, handouts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Demonstrated experience with Access, Excel, Microsoft Word and
- Desktop Publishing programs.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and decision making.
- Demonstrated experience to handle many tasks concurrently.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT`s, but is not the decision-maker.
Revised Date: August 2000
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.