Title: Office Coordinator - Records
Job Summary: Responsible for providing clerical and technical needs of the Registrar and the staff of the Student Assistance Center.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Assists individuals on the phone and in person.
- Provides information and completes transactions as required by students.
- Works at the service counter - answers questions, receives and provides paperwork for responding to customer needs, and perform typical administrative functions such as: registering students, cashiering operations, providing admission information, producing transcripts, assisting in the preparation of the course schedule, etc.
- Provides extensive customer service support through the Student Assistance Center.
- Interprets regulations and procedures and responds appropriately.
- Uses information provided by computerized reporting to monitor and maintain the quality and accuracy of data.
- Staffs and monitors desk coverage in the Student Assistance Center reception area.
- Performs clerical functions for every unit in Student Assistance Center.
- Assists at registration events.
- Assists with the keying and proofing of the course schedule.
- Provides word processing support to the Registrar.
- Takes dictation and performs transcription.
- Monitors inventory levels and maintains sufficient volumes to ensure the appropriate number of supplies are always available in the Student Assistance Center.
- Supervises student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves on the Customer Service Panel.
- Works at commencement.
- Assists other units within the Student Assistance Center during high demand times.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance record.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type a minimum of 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading skills.
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.