Title: Long Term Loan Assistant
Department: Accounting Business Office
Coordinates and administers the activities of the Long Term Loan Office.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Ability to understand and interpret data from the Long Term Loan System.
- Enters data into the Long Term Loan and Financial Aid systems.
- Reviews and reconciles output from the Long Term Loan system.
- Responsible for the submission of data to the National Student Loan Data System.
- Assists with installation of Long Term Loan system enhancements and up-grades.
- Sets system parameters for necessary reports and programs.
- Interprets and implements new federal regulations.
- Recommends and implements changes in the Long Term Loan Office procedures.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers exit interviews to students.
- Designs and orders the Long Term Loan forms and promissory notes.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years related work.
- Related college course work may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform data entry.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Higher education work experience.
- Experience with mainframe applications.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT's, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.