Title: Student Services Assistant
Department: Student Services
Provide support to the Vice Provost/Dean of Students, two Associated Deans, and an Assistant Dean for the planning, coordination and implementation of projects, events and services.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Vice Provost/Dean of Students, two Associate Deans and one Assistant Dean.
- Provides administrative support regarding planning, implementing, and staffing various major programs as needed (e.g. Parent Orientation, Convocation, Commencements, Awards Banquet, etc.).
- Provides administrative support for developing, updating and processing brochures/newsletters and coordinates mailings to New Students, Transfer Students and Returning Adult Students each semester. Includes updating publications and web pages.
- Generates reports, memos, presentation materials and other materials using various computer systems.
- Maintains calendar/schedules for two associate deans, the office conference room and assists with the calendar/schedule for Vice Provost/Dean of Students. Includes scheduling meetings, space, media equipment, food service, etc.
- Provides support for budget monitoring/reporting, purchasing, travel planning, student employee scheduling, and office supply management.
- Serves as the office computer/technology consultant to assist staff with computer issues/glitches, coordinates technology planning/problem-solving with Information Technology, develops/maintains web pages as needed, and coordinates responses to queries to the office through the web.
- Completes projects as assigned by the Vice Provost/Dean of Students, the two Associate deans and/or the Assistant Dean which may involve planning, coordinating work, analyzing data, and/or preparing reports.
- Maintains an inventory of publications and reports.
- Assists with hiring, training, and supervising student employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience.
- Related college course work may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
- Demonstrated competence in working with diverse people.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Type 55 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Higher education work experience.
- Experience with mainframe applications.
Revised Date: February 2010
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.