Title: Library Specicalist III - Pew Campus
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of library services and operations during nights and weekends for the Pew Campus Libraries, which requires a significant level of functional independence. Responsibilities include ensuring the security and safety of all library users, resources, collections and equipment, as well as, providing an environment conducive to research and learning. This will entail leadership and execution of emergency preparedness and evacuation procedures and regular communication with units outside of the library as it relates to security and facility maintenance. Responsible for providing users with access and the delivery of GVSU and non-GVSU physical and electronic resources and works with the Pew Campus Libraries Operations Manager to support library services. This position will be responsible for closing the library. Flexibility to work varied shifts is required.
· Observes and gathers information and statistics in relation to the user experience program, working with the Pew Campus Operations team to analyze compiled data.
· Oversees patron interactions and provides leadership for implementing customer service initiatives, fostering a user-centered environment for the University Libraries, and delivering an array of library services
· Serves as the first point of contact when mediation of difficult situations is necessary
· Mentors, trains, and guides student assistants on tasks and responsibilities, while modeling appropriate behavior
· Provides reference services, requiring knowledge of the library’s holdings, web site and online databases
· A customer service contact, responsible for assisting patrons with a wide range of transactions and inquiries related to the circulation of materials, patron accounts, library policies, document delivery, course support, directional, and of general variety usually in a high-paced, multi-tasked physical and virtual environment
· Identifies problems with and assists in troubleshooting of the library’s Automated Storage Retrieval System (ASRS), including contacting the Pew Campus Library Operations Manager or ASRS vendor when necessary
· Provide course support and document delivery to University students, faculty and staff by manipulating, digitizing and reformatting library materials.
· Coordinates ASRS and stacks management projects in the evenings
· Supports and assists peer consultants in the Knowledge Market
· Participates in the promotion of Knowledge Market and other library services
· Prepares items for interlibrary delivery and off-campus mailing to patrons
· Assists with projects as assigned
· Identifies and reports problems with the facilities (i.e. burned-out light bulbs, water leaks, etc.) and helps reduce energy use in the building (shut-off unneeded lights, etc.)
· Experience assisting people with use of library resources and services
· Experience supervising or overseeing employees
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
Responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
Standard Hours for this position:
Coverage during open library hours (gvsu.edu/library/hours) including pre- and post-opening hours
Sunday – Thursday Nights 3:30pm – 12:30am
Revised Date: November 2013 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.