Title: Office Coordinator -Comprehensive Campaign Coordinator
Department: University Development
Coordinates a variety of duties for Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Giving areas, and Development Officer for Seidman College of Business which require discretion and/or judgment concerning the procedures to use or policies to follow.
Primary Duties and Global Responsibilities:
- Provides support for four administrative professionals as well as back-up support for the Assistant Vice President for Development.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating files and record keeping systems; paper and/or computerized especially for the Directors of Corporate Giving and Foundation Giving and the Development Officer for Seidman College of Business.
- Assists with preparation and formatting of solicitation proposals and related materials for individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Primary calendar coordination for the Director of Corporate Giving, Director of Foundation Giving and Development Officer for the Seidman College of Business, and secondary calendar coordination for the Assistant Vice President for Development, which includes travel reservations/accommodations, meetings and conference room arrangements as requested.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of departmental policies and procedures to donors, faculty, staff, community members, and alumni.
- Maintains confidentiality of donor information.
- Assists in the establishment and documentation of policies and procedures for Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Giving areas, and Seidman Development Officer.
- Assists with the maintaining of the Alumni/Development donor database system and other database systems.
- Generates reports, memoranda, correspondence, presentation materials and compiles data for standard and requested reports into logical format using available computer software.
- Assists in the management and reconciliation of the budget for Corporate and Foundation Giving areas and Seidman Development area.
- Share in clerical/administrative support for the Development Department including answering telephones and taking accurate messages for members of the department as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability for positive interaction with tact and diplomacy regarding donor and department concerns.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications (Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently and organize own work.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum of 80% accuracy).
- Minimum of three years relevant experience and/or relevant training.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Some college course work.
Revised Date: January 2010
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.