Title: Electronic Service Engineer
Department: Telecommunications/Telephone Business Office
Job Summary: Responsible for installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of the University micro computers and peripherals, audiovisual and other equipment.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Assembles, installs, repairs and maintains micro computers, audio visual, and other similar electronic equipment.
- Delivers and connects micro computers to peripherals and networks.
- Assists Telecommunication Specialist staff in diagnosing and effecting repairs of network problems.
- Provides technical assistance to users such as problem determination and computer configuration changes.
- Responsible for special setups like registration events and other special voice data or video setups.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides backup support on distance learning systems, operations and problem determination.
- Assembles and installs data network components and other communications equipment connecting units with inside and outside service wires. Checks installed equipment for proper operation.
- Installs and repairs communication wiring/cables, splices cables, waterproofs cables, and similar duties.
- Performance of these duties may require working in tunnels or on ladders.
- Operates computer assisted design equipment in support of data networks.
- Specifies, trains for and monitors the use of test equipment.
- Provides technical assistance to users to determine system needs and cost.
- Ascertains equipment malfunctions using industry approved testing procedures, locates and diagnoses the nature of defect, and repairs malfunctions.
- Maintains data communication/fiber optic equipment and parts inventory/records; requisitions parts and equipment according to procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining skill level and knowledge of developments within the field by participation in training opportunities, studying manuals, and reading journals and technical publications.
- Performs duties characteristic of lower and/or similarly classified technicians/engineers.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate supplemented by a two year degree in electronics of data communications or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Minimum of three years related experience in a Micro Computers and peripheral equipment repairs.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of electricity and electronics and sophisticated electronic testing equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret complex electronic equipment schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to physically perform the duties of the job such as lifting equipment, laying wires in tunnels, etc.
- Ability to work under inclement weather conditions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Supervisory experience.
- Higher education experience.
- Experience in construction of wire plant for voice, data and fiber.
- Experience in basic video and audio technology.
- Familiar with principles of compressed video distance learning systems.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.