Title: Foundation-Special Events Coordinator
Department: University Development
Position coordinates a variety of duties for the Director of Communications and for the Director of Special Events and supports comprehensive program of relationship-centered events, communications and stewardship in a growing Development Office. Includes contact with donors and opportunities for creativity in helping market the case for support of Grand Valley and requires a high level of detail and organization to help execute multi-faceted projects successfully.
- Provides support for GVU Foundation Trustee relations through mailings, events and communication via phone and email.
- Provides support for GVU Foundation special events which includes tracking reservations and special requests and assists with event detail arrangements.
- Secures or arranges special products as needed: awards, mementos, donor stewardship gifts, posters, information packets, PowerPoint presentations.
- Attends events to assist Director of Special Events with onsite preparations and implementation.
- Assists in coordinating internal events, both within Development and within the University.
- Serves as Millennium events module expert working directly with systems analyst to develop and maintain reports that provide consistent quality, information and analysis; train other support staff on Millennium events procedures.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining extensive digital photo and video library, upload files to outside vendors for re-prints, archive and store photos/DVD/VHS, edit photos in Adobe Photoshop, order customized videos for distribution to donors.
- Provides assistance in content management and maintenance of Departmental website.
- Assists in publication productions.
- Coordinates and provides support for calendar, travel arrangements, expense reports, file systems and organization needs.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating files and record keeping systems, paper and/or computerized.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of establishes University and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Communicates and maintains relationships with vendors overseeing quality and project management.
- Writes and maintains procedures for Foundations and Events.
- Drafts basic correspondence.
- Shares responsibility of general office duties as assigned.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Database and information systems experience.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships and provide quality customer service.
- Ability to work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities with others.
- Experience with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office applications.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Knowledge of fund raising.
- Basic understanding of SQL and other reporting languages.
- Understanding of the Millennium Internet Reporting tool.
- Experience with newsletter writing and editing.
- Experience with web content management systems.
Director of Special Events & Donor Relations
Director of Communication
Revised Date: October 2008
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.