Title: List Management Assistant
Responsible for list management duties for the Development Services department. Supports decisions requiring discretion and/or judgment related to list management. Skill levels should demonstrate the ability to understand database information systems and display an aptitude to use report writing tools and perform data analysis. Attention to detail is valued as the individual will work with directors and their support staff to accurately identify populations of constituents for event and solicitation mailings as well as help to support their report writing needs. This position reports to Assistant Vice President for Development Services.
- Responsible for organizing and managing mailings (both postal and email) and requests for University Development, providing suggestions and guidance to meet their data needs.
- Responsible for incorporating various lists and mailings into Millennium, the University Development information system.
- Utilizes MS SQL querying tool and Millennium Internet Reporting tool to analyze, manage data, troubleshoot, and prepare reports in support of decision making throughout the Development Division and other University departments.
- Uses MS SQL to update and manipulate large data sets.
- Assists with delivery of regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Serves as one of the initial contacts for reporting needs.
- Organizes the reporting library and produces and electronic catalog of reports and descriptions.
- Responsible for managing the Millennium tables that support groups and lists.
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing the coding of data to identify mailings and recipients.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating files and record keeping systems; paper and/or computerized.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports related to list management.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Oversees the physical mailing process, ensuring that all mailings meet USPS address and mailing standards as well as University Development standards.
- Oversees the mass emailing process, ensuring that University and division email policies and standards are met.
- Coordinates and produces other GVSU departmental mailings when approved by VP or Assistant VP for Development.
- Responsible for communicating and maintaining relationships with GVSU Mail Facilities and other 3rd party mailing contractors, overseeing quality control and project management.
- Participates and assists with the development of department goals and objects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate
- Minimum of four years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to use MS SQL to update and manipulate large data sets.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, Access.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Information systems experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising.
- Basic understanding of other reporting applications such as Crystal Reports.
- Understanding of the Millennium Internet Reporting tool.
Revised Date: November 2009
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.