Title: Clerical Aide - Accounting
Department: Accounting Business Office
Performs receptionist and general clerical duties for the Office of Business & Finance.
· Answers the phone and greets and public.
· Opens and distributes the mail.
· Processes student account payments.
· Interprets information from computerized records systems and answers questions.
· Prints payroll checks for staff and students on laser printer.
· Collects bad debts for student accounts through various methods.
· Processes accounts payable check runs.
· Maintains paid invoice files.
· Maintains filing and/or record keeping systems on paper and/or computer.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Prepares and processes out-going mail and checks for distribution.
· Runs PC programs as needed to produce statements, labels, reports, etc.
· Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies.
· High school graduate.
· Minimum of one year related work experience and/or relevant training.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
· Ability to operate office equipment.
· Ability to provide quality customer service.
· Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Experience with various computer software applications.
· Experience with mainframe applications.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Received supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
May direct the work of student employees.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Revised Date: March 2011 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.