Title: Secretary - Gift & Pledge Processing
Provides assistance in many areas of Development, primarily in the area of gift and pledge processing.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
Maintains donor/prospect records with address, employment, personal information and recognition name on a database system.
Assist with the processing and receipting of gifts and pledges.
Assist with balancing financial records with Accounting Office.
Assists with generating a variety of materials such as reports, memorandums, correspondence and forms using computer systems.
Assists with preparing reports which may require compiling and computing statistical data.
Establish and maintain filing and record keeping systems.
Prepares IDC, travel vouchers, deposit requisitions and other forms for the department.
Assist in development and expansion of the matching gift program.
- Other related duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two years related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Accounting background necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong mathematical aptitude and accuracy in working with numbers.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with various computer software applications.
- Type 45 wpm accurately (strong number-typing skill)
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications)
- Some college course work
- Experience in higher education
Receives supervision and work assignments from Gifts Coordinator, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
Revised Date: February 2003
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.