Title: Secretary - KSON - Health Centers
Department: KSON - Health Centers
Functions as a receptionist, schedules patients and performs related functions, manages incoming phone calls, makes appropriate calls for authorizations, admissions, diagnostic testing, and HMO referrals. Maintains responsibility for handling medical records, performs related activities and participates as a team member.
- Provides leadership in the processing of patients information.
- Reviews medical records for appropriate diagnostic reports and acquires needed documents.
- Maintains records and fills chart with appropriate forms.
- Schedules patients and students.
- Assists patients with completing necessary paperwork.
- Verifies insurance status, obtains old records and necessary precertification.
- Makes calls for authorization, admissions, diagnostic testing, and HMO referrals.
- Documents referrals on the chart and logbook and follows up on them.
- Maintains documentation system.
- Initiates charts and maintains a filing system.
- Files all medical reports after signature by the Nurse Practitioner.
- Answers patients calls and directs them appropriately.
- Answers patients questions.
- Greets patients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answers phone in a timely manner (no more than 3 rings).
- Takes and completes accurate and concise messages.
- Uses paging system appropriately.
- Communicates with answering services and other health providers offices.
- Sends patient reminders as necessary.
- Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Responds to emergency calls appropriately.
- Maintains client and health record confidentiality.
- Maintains supplies.
- Orders supplies as needed and keeps office adequately stocked.
- Corresponds with drug representatives to determine stocking of office samples in a secure location.
- Collaborates as a member of the health care team, developing goals and strategies for health centers to continuously improve the quality of service delivery.
- Participates in annual self, peer and supervisor evaluation.
- Meets or progresses toward established goals annually.
- Seeks and takes opportunities to improve own knowledge and skills for personal and professional growth.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience and/or relevant training
- Ability to work in a latex rich environment, practice universal precautions as needed and to tolerate frequent hand washing as needed
- Ability to move from one office location to another via mobile transport
- CPR certified annually
- Ability to operate office equipment (computer, Word Processing and Spreadsheets, fax and copier)
- Type 45wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy)
- Experience with various computer software applications
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records
- Prefer experience as a medical secretary.
- Some college course work.
- Experience in higher education.
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.