Title: Office Coordinator - Seidman College of Business Dean's Office
Department: Seidman - Dean's Office
Coordinates a variety of duties for the Seidman College of Business in which discretion and/or judgment concerning the procedures to use or policies to follow is required.
(Must be able to perform these duties; usually consists of more than 5% of your job.)
· Responsible for Seidman College of Business website. This includes working with a variety of Seidman faculty and staff to ensure web information is current and creating effective and attractive web pages that adhere to university standards.
· Interaction with and monitoring social media platforms for the Seidman College of business.
· Design various announcements, mailings, and publications so that they are graphically appealing.
· Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for the department/office which includes answering telephones, providing information or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; typing memos and other correspondence; maintain office filing system.
· Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating files and record keeping systems; paper and/or computerized. Compile and logically format statistical data and reports.
· Disseminate information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and direct individuals to sources of additional information.
· Generate reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
· Create and maintain database systems.
· Perform and coordinate scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
· Responsible for ordering office supplies; process travel vouchers, requisitions, IDC’s, I-9’s and various university forms.
· Coordinate all clerical duties associated with staff searches.
· Conduct special projects and assignments as directed.
· Coordinate special events and functions
· Coordinate and maintain departmental resources, i.e. library, vouchers, handouts.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· High School
· Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
· Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
· Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
· Some college course work.
· Higher education experience.
· Supervisory experience.
· Familiarity with graphic design and photo editing software.
Received general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT’s, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: April 2011 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.