Title: MAREC Assistant-Michigan Alternative & Renewable Energy Center
Department: Michigan Alternative Renewable Energy Ctr.
Acts as a general assistant to the Director of the MAREC (Michigan Alternative Renewal Energy Center) in support of the objectives of the Center.
- Provides support to the Director of MAREC and MAREC staff including scheduling and managing of calendars, correspondence, and coordination and implementation of special projects.
- Responsible for the overall operational responsibilities of MAREC.
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Monitors departmental FRS, reviews budget reports and reconciles the reports with the department records.
- Develops plans and organizes meetings, special events, tours, open houses, etc. with MAREC partners, GVSU staff, outside vendors and contractors, visitors, City of Muskegon organizations, Muskegon corporations, Muskegon educational organizations as well as other organizations within Michigan.
- Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials, brochures, spreadsheets, graphics, meeting materials, minutes, programs and other similar materials using various computer systems.
- Coordinates correspondence, reports, and materials for publication.
- Create and maintain database systems.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports.
- Coordinate lab equipment shipments to MAREC.
- Utilizes the internet to gather appropriate information and data necessary for MAREC filing information, record keeping systems (paper and electronic).
- Make conference/travel arrangements for the staff.
- Assist with grant planning which would include research of documents through consultants.
- Coordinate the educational certification course with Continuing Education preparation of legal documents for incubator companies.
- Assist with the student employees and may act as a lead worker to other COTs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree.
- Higher education work experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years related experience.
- Related college course work may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
Revised Date: April 2009
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.