Title: TV Equipment Operator
Operates television and computer equipment necessary for monitoring, recording, transmission of "live" and/or taped PBS, National, International or locally produced programming material.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Operates television equipment used in the creation of television programming, both live and prerecorded.
- Record satellite feeds for future playback.
- Monitors the operation of television equipment and systems.
- Dub various formats of material for business related jobs.
- Performs quality control for various tape stock.
- Performs minor equipment adjustments and repairs.
- Assists in studio setups, tear-downs and related work.
- Keep operational logs as required by the FCC and WGVU.
- Operates remote control and monitoring equipment.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with equipment in Master Control for live productions.
- Involved in the training of students, temporary employees and newv employees.
- Communicate with clients and greet guests.
- Explain concepts of broadcast operations for tour.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of one or more years of related experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully coordinate facility equipment usage between engineering and production.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain a knowledge of appropriate rules and regulations.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to adapt to television systems operations.
- Willingness to work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Ability to work under inclement weather conditions.
- Two to four year degree in Television Production or related field.
- Supervisory experience.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.