Title: Media Services Technician - Student Services
Department: Student Services
Provides support services to campus community by coordinating media services for non-classroom activity.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Responsible for media set up, operation, and tear down of all Special Events.
- Schedules equipment operators and transportation support for all events.
- Performs continuous inventory, security and storage of equipment.
- Provides basic repairs and maintenance to installed equipment and building modifications.
- Liaison for director, administrative officers and other department heads on technical needs.
- Maintains professional contact with vendors and equipment manufacturers.
- Responds to emergencies, adjusting schedule to meet needs.
- Lifts and carries weight such as TVs, speaker cabinets and amps.
- Performs inspections, initiates repairs of a wide variety of technical equipment.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tracking missing and overdue equipment.
- Supports other areas such as Student Radio, TV, Cable and 16 mm movies.
- Adds supplemental services such as Porta-potty stage, AC/DC generator system.
- Updates Director on short and long term goals, projects, trends and purchases.
- Follow up on requests for keys, equipment, supplies and staff.
- Reviews budget and income for staffing equipment purchases and accuracy surplus.
- Maintains audio cassette and video library of GVSU produced programs.
- Maintains office and administrative environment as well as storage and repair facility.
- Verifies, updates, and corrects billings for changes, additions and mistakes.
- Responsible for vehicle inspections, maintenance, supervision and security.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate supplemented by two years technical training.
- Minimum of three years related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate and explain wide variety of media/office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully understand sound waves and high-end processing equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully understand AC Voltage storage and transmission systems.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform complicated scheduling duties under tight time-frames.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully interface with artist and administrators and coordinate efforts.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment such as TVs, speaker cabinets, and amps.
- Ability to change weekly schedule.
- Ability to work under inclement weather conditions.
- Bachelor degree.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated musical proficiency (ability to sight read musical scores).
- Supplemental experience in performing, entertaining or studio experience.
- Light industrial manufacturing including electrical, cabinetry, control system.
- Ability to reschedule daily and weekly activities to provide coverage.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.