Title: Computer Operator II - WGVU
Operates and monitors mainframe, minicomputers and P.C.'s, related peripheral equipment, and provides support and training to all users of above.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Maintains and operates minicomputer.
- Monitors and maintains peripheral computer equipment.
- Provides training and user support.
- Provides PC software and hardware support to staff.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone at WGVU switchboard during membership drives.
Researches hardware and software solutions.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- An Associate Degree in Data Processing or equivalent training and/or experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience operating computer system and peripheral equipment and installation of comparable complexity.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Willingness to work any shifts.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of hardware and software comparable to that used at Grand Valley.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.