September 10, 2014
Excellence Series: Mindful Leadership
September 12, 2014
ePDP 2.0 Training: Annual Planning for Staff (non Supervisors)
September 12, 2014
ePDP 2.0 Training: Annual Planning for Supervisors
September 23, 2014
Excellence Series: Working w/International Students & in the Classroom
October 6, 2014
Excellence Series: Interpersonal Communication & Dealing with Gossip
- See all upcoming events
Excellence Series: Generational Differences In The Workplace
October 30, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Location: Room 2204, Russel H. Kirkhof Center
Workshop presented by Mitzi Taylor, Not So Basic Training
Increasingly, generational differences are causing conflict and frustration in many organizations. These differences — from how an employee views a dress code or work hours, to how work gets done and what a “full day” of work means — are becoming contentious. Each generation seems to be saying: “What are they thinking?” Our programs review generational differences and help participants develop an appreciation of how valuable such differences can be. It also identifies the areas where differences are most evident and suggests ways to deal with them. In this session we:
- Identify the major influences on the four generational groups currently working, how these elements have shaped the generations, and how they have created noticeable differences
- Identify how issues such as work-life balance are thought of differently by the generations and yet have strong similarities
- Explore communication differences between the generations (including the varying roles technology plays) and how to deal with the differences
- Identify the behaviors that are causing work conflicts
- Develop practical techniques for working with the multiple generations to increase organizational effectiveness, productivity, and harmony
Register at www.gvsu.edu/seminar.
Program approved for COT Development Credit.