November 25, 2014
Attention GVSU Research Community: Citi is updating its RCR basic course
November 13, 2014
Winter break protocol review delays: Submit by December 5th
September 24, 2014
Attention GVSU Research Community: Free Alion HRPP Education Webinar!
September 23, 2014
Complimentary Webinar: Reviewing Research Involving Medical Devices
September 4, 2014
Attention GVSU Research Community: New Citi training modules are available!
- See all news items
Student Job Opening: Human Research Protections Assistant
Date: August 16, 2013
Job Title Human Research Protections and Event Planning Assistant
Organization Name Research Protections Program
Number of Openings 1
Hours per Week 15-20, variable
Wage/Salary Starts at $9/hr
Eligible for increase winter term with demonstrated aptitude and successful completion of training/orientation
Job Description This position comprises two significant areas of responsibility: first, as a general office assistant for the Research Protections Program; second, as an event planning assistant for the Michigan Research Ethics Conference to be hosted by Grand Valley on campus April 25, 2014.
Hours may be scheduled to accommodate coursework; however, must be available for specific conference events.
The Human Research Protections Assistant is a durable position with hours available during the academic year, along with the potential for spring/summer. The Event Planning Assistant responsibilities will end shortly after winter term 2014 and is eligible for HTM 2-credit internship.
Human Research Protections Assistant job components
· Receive and retain training in human and animal research ethics standards and review process functions
· Provide customer service and support to research community during all phases of review
· Assist with monthly report compilation and follow-up
· Assist in monthly meeting and training prep
· Maintain office inventory and supplies
· Maintain accounting records
· Assist in updating website content
· Additional responsibilities in support of the program
Event Planning Assistant – Michigan Research Ethics Conference (MREC)
· Assist in the development and retention of conference planning materials
· Assist with the creation of an online registration portal; conduct data input and tracking
· Assist with the coordination of event logistics: speakers, planning committee, conference guests and attendees, GVSU personnel (tech support, conference and events services, catering)
· Help develop press releases and marketing materials; contact media and News and Information Services, as indicated
· Assist with all special events and serve as conference runner
· Conduct post-conference event analysis, assist with reports and dissemination; assist in post-event thank you process
· Additional responsibilities in support of the planning committee members and conference
Qualifications Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Ability to accept direction, work independently, and consistently execute tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
Candidates able to demonstrate success in program planning and clerical support are highly desired.
Grand Valley Hospitality and Tourism Management candidates (2nd and 3rd year) are encouraged to apply. This position has received pre-approval for a 2-credit internship during the winter term event planning component and does not include supervisory responsibilities.
Mentorship provided from trained professional with over 8 years event planning experience in non-profit, athletics, and university sectors.
Graduate students are eligible to apply; however, this is not an assistantship and no tuition reimbursement will be provided.
How to Apply Submit a letter of introduction, resume, and two professional references or contact information (e.g. employer, instructor/advisor) to:
Research Protections Program
401 Fulton Street West
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Applications will be accepted through September 15th or until the position is filled. Eligible candidates will receive an invitation to interview, which will take place the week of September 16th.