IB Careers in Management
Management IB Professionals are involved in all of the major areas of management: Human Resources, operations management and management information systems. Career titles may include Human Resource Generalist - International, Global Systems Analyst, International Manufacturing Manager, Manager - International Trade Controls, etc.
Manager – International Trade Controls
As a member of the Corporate Legal, Global Government Affairs & Policy team, the International Trade Controls (“ITC”) Manager is responsible for developing and implementing processes to ensure compliance with global export controls and trade sanctions affecting the movement of money, products, software and technology by all of the company’s businesses globally.
- Develop and implement risk assessment tool for use by all the company’s businesses to evaluate and report risks associated with trade controls and sanctions globally
- Strengthen and implement enhanced self-assessment tool across all businesses globally, including robust sampling/testing methodologies
- Support all business units with their applications for licenses and other authorizations from the US government and foreign governments, as required to comply with export/import regulations
- Lead and manage roll-out of risk and self-assessment tools by businesses
- Track all issues identified by self –assessments and support all business units in developing and implementing appropriate corrective action plans
- Support Corporate Audit Staff in planning and conducting ITC audits
- Lead and manage ITC metric reporting processes
- Monitor global ITC issues; advise all business units on new developments and strategies while ensuring regulatory compliance
Human Resource Generalist - International
This position is responsible for administering a wide variety of general Human Resources functions primarily for the international locations. Will also support domestic business groups as needed. Serves as designated expert on the interpretation of Human Resources policies and issues as it relates to the foreign countries where the Company operates. Will develop and update Human Resources policies and procedures for all foreign entities with a concentration on host country labor law and policies and procedures.
- Manages and addresses employee relations issues. Depending on specific country, may work with Legal and outside counsel for appropriate action.
- Manages the on-boarding process for new hires for foreign locations. Works with onsite staff to ensure all offer letters, new hire paperwork, benefits information and payroll forms, etc. is completed and submitted timely.
- Administers or assists with domestic recruitment activities, including postings, ads, scheduling, testing, interviewing and offer letters. Performs or coordinates new hire processing, including paperwork, orientation, and benefits sign-up.
- Partners with other HR specialty areas and business groups to manage any expatriates. Will also manage immigration process for both foreign and domestic locations.
- Serves as coach/advisor for performance management issues for assigned group.
- Will provide guidance to Generalist group as necessary.
- Assists with voluntary and involuntary terminations both foreign and domestic, including conducting applicable exit interviews, processing paperwork, communication with Payroll and IT, etc.
System Analyst – Global Operations
The System Analyst, Global Operations (Manufacturing & Quality), for Corporate Information System (CI), will partner with key business stakeholders to automate and streamline end-to-end manufacturing processes. The analyst will analyze and identify key business requirements and identify areas to improve the business through the use of information technology. The analyst will work with business users and globally based IT teams to define requirements, strategize new or leverage existing IT solutions, and develop project documentation (e.g. ROI, Business Case, URS, FRS, etc).
- Develop ROI, Business Case, User & Functional specifications and other technical documentation including translating client user requirements into data flows, vale stream maps, data mapping, etc.
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases and scenarios.
- Leading the business process mapping, reengineering and functional design activities.
- Contribute to the development of integrated project plans and IT strategies, including development of task estimates, identification of technical expertise requirements, etc.
- Assess and manage project and business related risks throughout all aspects of the implementation. Remediate unanticipated risks to insure customer requirements and deadlines are met.
- Manage user expectations, requirements, and relationships including renegotiating of customer expectations while balancing with the needs of the business.
International Manufacturing Manager
The International Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a manufacturing strategy that supports the company’s global growth and business initiatives. This position will have responsibility for leading and managing multiple strategic initiatives to advance the company’s global presence.
- Identify and develop a preventative maintenance and safety plans for all international facilities.
- Develop, lead and drive cross-functional/cross-cultural international initiatives.
- Analyze and assist in the development of an appropriate supply chain strategy that supports Greenheck’s international growth goals.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects, (e.g. manufacturing startups and plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Insure proper design and installation of capital. Interface with product engineering and machine development personnel to implement product redesign and new equipment projects through concurrent engineering practices.
- Works with plant leaders, maintenance personnel and in-country managers to set priorities and provide/acquire engineering and construction resources to meet agreed project plans and schedules.
- Work closely with the corporate IT and GEMS teams to assist in the definition of system requirements to support process improvements.
Research IB Careers in Management on the following websites:
Management Trade Journals:
Managment Related Certification Programs:
SAP Terp 10 Certification
Professional in Human Resources Certification
APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management
Sample of GVSU Management Employers:
Information about the Seidman Management major options.
Page last modified April 27, 2012