The Digital Studio seeks to promote the creation of virtual learning experiences by providing consulting services, project development, and technology exploration for GVSU faculty, staff and students.
Location: D-2-329 Mackinac
Hours of Operation:
Fall Semester 2013 Schedule
MON. 8:00a - 6:00p
TUE. 8:00a - 6:00p
WED. 8:00a - 6:00p
THU. 8:00a - 6:00p
FRI. 8:00a - 5:00p
(616) 331- 8527
The "DS" is equipped with a variety of high-end technologies and the latest software titles for converting a wide range of media types into today’s most commonly used digital formats. Located in Mackinac Hall on the Allendale Campus, the Digital Studio is a service of the Information Technology Department.
The Digital Studio can not duplicate copy righted material in its entirety without expressed permission from the publisher.*
*However, as of 26 July, 2010, portions of media may be duplicated in accordance with the guidelines expressed here. Any media that will be distributed to students via the Internet must be over a secure, authenticated connection and approved by the University Libraries Course Reserve staff at email@example.com prior to processing by the Digital Studio.
- Facilities include:
- Audio & Video Recorders/Duplicators
- CD/DVD Burner
- Digital Document Camera
- Flat Bed Scanner (documents 12.2" x 17.2" or smaller)
- 35mm Slide Scanner
- Screen Recording Software
|We are able to provide the following services|
Services are not limited to the above combinations, custom services are also available upon request. Please contact the Digital Studio, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Need to Submit material for digitizing?
- Print the Digital Studio Media Submission Form
- The submission form, original material to be converted and blank media to record digitized material should be submitted to the Digital Studio, D-2-329 Mackinac Hall, Allendale either in person or via inter-campus mail
It is the policy of Grand Valley State University to follow the United States Copyright Law of 1976, as amended, (Title 17, United States Code, hereinafter, the Copyright act, which includes the provisions of the TEACH Act). Accordingly, it is expected that all materials submitted to the digital studio have the appropriate copyright clearance. Information technology will not be held responsible for copyright clearance or violations.
Circumvention of access control technologies is only permitted in accordance with section 1201(a)(1) of the copyright law and must first be approved by Course Reserve staff. Faculty can find copyright assistance by contacting the Zumberge Library's Course Reserve at 616.331.2617 or email@example.com
- Adobe Flash Player (for Flash videos) - Go here to download.
- Apple iTunes
- Real Player is available here. You will need to look for the Free Player, you may have to go to more than one page to actually get the Free Player.
- VLC Player
For more information about all of the Digital Studio’s services, contact us at:
(616) 331- 8527 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last modified August 19, 2013