Grand Valley users should be aware of the following policies regarding the use of iPads within GVSU classrooms and labs:
The following are ALLOWED:
- Connecting an iPad directly to a projector through a VGA converter/adapter. Users must provide their own adapters.
The following are NOT ALLOWED:
- Connecting an iPad to a projector through a wireless connection.
- Using an Apple TV to display an iPad's screen through a projector.
- GVSU will not be installing Apple TV’s in classrooms in part because the GVSU network uses enterprise-level security which does not work with Apple TV devices.
- Users are not allowed to install their own personal Apple TV’s within a classroom for connection to the GVSU wireless network.
- Using a personal cell phone, computer, or other WiFi devices as wireless router. This is explicitly prohibited at GVSU. For more information, please see http://gvsu.edu/it/gvsu-access-point-router-and-switch-policy--117.htm
Page last modified September 19, 2012