Managing Your Network Data Storage
Network Data Storage Space Limits effective June 10, 2013 are:
- 100GB limit for network data storage space that is backed up by IT
Network data storage space is intended for GVSU work related materials
- Personal pictures, music, movies, games, files should not be placed under the network locations that are being backed up
Email alert will be sent to individual if network data storage space reaches 90GB or more
- Email will indicate that you are 90GB or more and suggest options for reducing your network data storage space
- Immediate attention is required to prevent backups from failing if network data storage space exceeds 100GB
If GVSU work related materials exceed the 100GB limit
- Individual determines least used files to be removed from the backed up network data storage space and stored on local hard drive, external drive, USB, etc.
- Alternative backup strategy is the responsibility of the individual
Failure to comply may result in incomplete backups and/or loss of data.
For more information, please see www.gvsu.edu/it and click on Faculty/Staff and then Managing Your Network Data Storage.
Questions/concerns should be directed to the Information Technology Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 616-331-2101.
Page last modified June 4, 2013