“Clickers” – Audience Response System
Supported at GVSU
NEW SOFTWARE! TurningPoint software has been updated in classrooms for fall 2011.
TurningPoint 2008 version 4.3.2 (this version attaches to PowerPoint)
TurningPoint Anywhere 3.0.2 (this version is a stand-alone that can be used on-the-fly or while presenting with any other software)
Wake up the class – Engage reluctant students – Get instant feedback (Instructor and Students)
Use ResponseCards or ResponseWare to poll students and to get an instant look at the overall class response:
Student response technology is an effective tool that helps facilitate pedagogical best practices and enhance student learning.
- Transform your classroom into an interactive and engaging learning environment.
- Experience increased attendance and participation - even from those quiet, back-of-the-lecture-hall students.
- Create open discussions that are fueled by students.
- Gauge student understanding instantly with visual polling in real-time.
- Provide students review questions that are reflective of their understanding.
- Check reading assignments instantly with short quizzes before class and grade assignments instantly.
Help guides for students
Getting Started with clickers or ResponseWare
This document Includes:
Determine Your Response Device Options and Purchase at UBS
Register Your ResponseCard (Clicker) in Blackboard
ResponseWare device information
Prepare to use ResponseWare in Class
Help guides for Faculty
New to Clickers? First-time user options
Faculty Guide for TurningPoint Response Options (9 pages)
Using TP at GVSU
Create Question Slides
Register in BB
Prepare to Run Presentation
For additional information contact Karen Burchard 616-331-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last modified August 17, 2011