- Ensure your safety glasses fit properly. Eye size, bridge size and temple length all vary. Safety glasses should be individually assigned and fitted.
- Wear safety glasses so that the temples fit comfortably over the ears. The frame should be as close to the face as possible and adequately supported by the bridge of the nose.
Safety glasses need maintenance.
- Clean your safety glasses daily. Follow the manufacturer's instructions. Avoid rough handling that can scratch lenses.
- Scratches impair vision and can weaken lenses.
- Store your safety glasses in a clean, dry place where they cannot fall or be stepped on. Keep them in a case when they are not being worn.
- Replace scratched, pitted, broken, bent or ill-fitting glasses. Damaged glasses interfere with vision and do not provide protection.
- Replace damaged parts only with identical parts from the original manufacturer to ensure the same safety rating.
Page last modified May 10, 2010