Laker Help Link
How to Get Involved
Getting involved at GVSU is as easy as stepping outside your door!
Here are some resources to get you started:
- If you live on campus, talk to your Resident Assistant or Multicultural Assistant about your interests and how you can find things to do.
- Visit the online Events Calendar to see everything that is happening on campus. Search for concerts, movies, meetings and other events.
- Call the 20-20 desk (616.331.2020) for additional information on movie times and other specific events on campus and in West Michigan.
- Join a student organization. There are over 300 student organizations and sports clubs at GVSU. Campus Life Night (held the Tuesday after Labor Day) is the best time to learn about joining a group, but you can get information all year long at the Student Life web site.
- Get fit and have fun at the Recreation Center. GVSU's state-of-the-art fitness facility is FREE to students! Exercise equipment, swimming pool, climbing center, group exercise classes, and a Wellness Center are all available. For more information, click on www.gvsu.edu/rec.
- Intramural Sports gives you a chance to compete in a variety of recreational sports on campus and have fun. Click onwww.gvsu.edu/rec to find the list of sports and tournament schedules.
Page last modified September 22, 2010