Laker Help Link
What is time management?
A range of practices/strategies that people utilize to make the most effective use of their time.
Why is it important?
Time management helps people fulfill obligations and responsibilities; effective time management can lead to improved academic performance.
Strategies for better time management:
- Use a calendar or planner, and schedule your time - school, work and social activities.
- Prioritize responsibilities.
- Do difficult tasks first or earlier in the day.
- Try to limit your work schedule to 20 hours or less per week; researchers have shown that students that work more than that are five times more likely to drop out.
- Plan ahead for times you will study outside of class; a general rule of thumb is that you should be spending 2 hours of studying for every hour you spend in class.
Do you know how you are spending your time in a typical week? Find out by completing the short activity at this link:
Page last modified September 14, 2010