Laker Help Link
Travel and Exercise
Regular exercise is an important component of a healthy lifestyle. By planning ahead you can maintain or modify your exercise program while traveling. In addition, by staying fit while you travel you can reduce travel anxiety and stress, improve your mood, boost your energy level, and get a better night's sleep.
Tips for exercise while traveling:
- Walk around the airport and take stretching breaks during flight delays
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible
- Select a hotel with exercise facilities; ask about guest passes to local clubs, nearby parks, running tracks, and local trails
- Sightsee on foot at a brisk pace, or rent a bicycle
- Pack a mini workout kit including exercise bands/tubes, jump rope, water bottle, portable CD player, etc.
- Do a resistance training routine in your room, including push-ups, sit-ups, squats, lunges and dips.
Page last modified September 14, 2010