Laker Help Link
Violence and Abuse Fact Sheet
Statistics show that 1 in 3 women will experience some sort of violence in their lifetime. Below is a checklist to see if you could potentially be in an abusive relationship. Remember, women between the ages of 16-24 experience the highest rate of domestic/ dating violence and sexual assault.|
Does someone you care about...
- Constantly put you down?
- Repeatedly call or show up to check on you?
- Make fun of you in a cruel way?
- Control all the money?
- Scare or threaten you? "If you do that again, I'll.."
- Always blame you?
- Force you to touch or be touched when you don't want to?
- Glare, yell, raise fists or break things?
- Grab, shove or hit you?
- Control who you see or what you do?
- Believe if you tried harder that everything would be ok?
- Feel like you have to "walk on eggshells" to avoid anger?
If you have answered "yes" to even one of the above questions, please consider calling a resource listed below. You do not deserve abuse; you do have choices.
For questions or help call:
GVSU Counseling & Career Development Center
YWCA of West Central Michigan
616.459.4652 (24-hour crisis line is 616.451.2744)
Center for Women in Transition (Holland, MI)
616.392.2829 (crisis line is 1.800.848.5991)
Page last modified September 14, 2010