Laker Leadership Programs
Leadership Summit Overview
Leadership Summit of Grand Valley State University is a state-wide premier leadership conference and campus tradition entering its 18th year. It is a student-run conference which strives to foster leadership development for undergraduate students, in multidisciplinary aspects of campus life. Composed of a dynamic keynote address, over 30 workshops to select from, a leadership case study competition sponsored by Omicron Delta Kappa, and more, Leadership Summit has something to offer students at every level of leadership!
Leadership Summit will be held on Saturday, February 21, 2015 in the Kirkhof Center on GVSU’s main campus in Allendale, MI and is expected to attract over three hundred college students from across the state and region. The cost is only $20 for GVSU students and $30 for students attending other universities.
Click here to register now!
Leadership Summit 2015 Keynote Address:
Bridget Clark Whitney is the Executive Director of Kids’ Food Basket (KFB), a childhood hunger relief organization providing daily evening meals, or “Sack Suppers” to food-insecure children in greater Grand Rapids and Muskegon. During Bridget’s 12-year tenure, from college intern to Executive Director, KFB has undergone significant growth, from serving 125 children in 2002 to over 6,300 children each weekday as of 2014. Under Bridget’s leadership, KFB has grown from a $20,000 to a $4.1 million annual budget in 12 years and has become the largest and most successful anti-childhood hunger program in Michigan and one of the largest in the country.
- 2013 ATHENA Young Professional of the Year
- One of twelve young nonprofit professionals from around the country chosen for the 2009-2010 American Express NGen Fellows program in Washington, D.C.
- Grand Rapids Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” Young Professionals (2010 – 2013)
- A finalist for Grand Rapids Business Journal “2013 Newsmakers of the Year” in the Nonprofit/Philanthropy category
- Named one of Grand Rapids Business Journal’s “50 Most Influential Women in West Michigan” in 2012 and 2013
- Interchange Grand Rapids’ “Communicator of the Year” in 2012
Workshop topics include:
-Personal and Professional Development
-Communication and Media
Themed tracks are composed of 4 or more sessions during the conference and serve as a tool to help participants select which sessions to attend based on interests and needs. Following a themed track is entirely optional.
-Student Organization Members and Leaders
-Greek Life Leaders & Members
Page last modified December 11, 2014