Become a Peer Research Consultant
Good at research? Become a Peer Research Consultant and help fellow students improve their library research. Consultants work one-to-one or in small groups in campus libraries to help other students refine their topics; develop research plans; find books, articles and other sources of information; evaluate those resources; and talk through the entire process of doing library research to complete an assignment. This is an advanced student position that works collaboratively with library staff and faculty to provide a valuable library service to the campus community.For more information, contact librarian Mary O’Kelly.
- Get paid to share research skills ($8.60 undergrad/ $10.50 grad to start)
- Work 6 or more hours a week
- Schedule around classes and other commitments
- Meet students by appointment or drop-in
- Attend training seminars to improve skills
- Library research
- Evaluation of sources
- Organize research plans
- Use information resources
- Communicate with and tutor peers
Submit by 5pm, March 1:
- 2 writing samples
- Faculty recommendation
- Completed application
Drop off your application at any library location or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be enrolled at GVSU for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Be on-campus for the entire academic year.
- Attend a 2-day orientation the week of August 19, 2013
- Attend regular meetings and monthly training
Page last modified February 1, 2013