Document Delivery Policies
Document Delivery is offered to current GVSU Students, Faculty, Emeritus Faculty, and Staff. GVSU University Libraries will pay up to $20.00 on your behalf for each item requested (this is almost always enough to get the item to you without charge). Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery of items.
What can I get through Document Delivery?
- Articles not available online.
- Books, videos, DVDs, and Theses that GVSU does not own or that are lost.
We cannot borrow the following items through Document Delivery:
- Rare books
- Complete issues of journals
How many requests can I place through Document Delivery?
- Undergraduate Student: 10 active requests
- Graduate Student: 20 active requests
- Faculty & Staff: 30 active requests
Digital Copies and Borrowed Books, Music, DVDs, etc.
- Digital Copies are available to download for 14 days.
- You may request 1 renewal from the lending library, and Renewals on borrowed items are done at the discretion of the lending library.
- Items more than 7 days overdue may not be renewed.
- If you have items more than 14 days overdue, your account will be blocked.
Page last modified November 5, 2012