Martin Luther King
MLK Community Service Award
Grand Valley State University officials announced they will honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by presenting an award to an individual or organization that best portrays the spirit of King’s teachings and examples.
Nominations are now being accepted for the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Service Award. The award will be presented during Grand Valley’s 2013 MLK Commemoration Week, January 21-26.
Criteria for nominating an individual or business/organization include the following:
• Leadership in community building
• Advocacy for educational excellence
• Furthering economic opportunity
• Promotion of social justice
• Advancing cultural awareness
• Adherence to the principles of non-violence
• Advancing organizational diversity and inclusion values
Nominations can be sent to:
Division of Inclusion and Equity
Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Drive 10 JHZ
Allendale, MI 49401
They can be sent via email to email@example.com.
For more information, call the Division of Inclusion and Equity at (616) 331-3296.
Page last modified December 17, 2012